Our industry has a natural ebb and flow to it. Typically, the spring is the time where the market has the most movement and the winter is when people are less willing to move and the market feels more dormant. But that doesn’t mean that winter is the time for us to rest! What it does mean is that winter is the time for us to be in touch with our clients and get our pipeline ready for the spring market.
We work by referral because it is better for both the client and the agent experience in having a great transaction. This is because there is a baseline of trust that comes with being referred. So the topic for this blog is how to take advantage of the holiday season in order to have referrals for today and the year to come.
One thing that we have done is celebrated the holidays with our clients. Here are some ideas:
- Client appreciation party where we give out pies.
- Invitations by mail and email.
- Call our clients leading up to that event to let them know that they are greatly appreciated.
- Follow up with thank you notes to all who attended after the event.
- Give prizes to those who check in on social media.
- Christmas cards of course!
- Unlimited opportunities for gifts: cookies, candles, candy, Holiday CD, Poinsettias. Everyone likes a gift! Stop by their work and turn heads.
- Party where there is a Santa and pictures are taken with the kids.
- Mailing about new years resolutions.
- New years cards to be set apart from everyone else that sent Christmas cards.
- Pop by with some candy or something else reminding them how you “love their referrals”!
There really is no end to ideas, and there is no wrong answer. The main thing is to get out there and let people know that you are good at what you do and you care about them. What is beautiful about working by referral is that when you give to a giver, they give back. But don’t focus on the results only, if you truly focus on keeping your clients happy and appreciated without keeping score they will remember you with joy.